Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pecan Bars

Easter is this weekend!

So I made Pecan Bars. Logical.



They have no coconut or hard boiled, white and yellow eggs. But they do have a heck of a lot of brown sugar, which makes just about everything good.

And pecans. ohhhh pecans. I just found out they don't taste like walnuts! They're totally buttery and sweet at the same time. Even raw! Raw walnuts just taste weird to me, but pecans are amazing.
New love.



The real reason I made these was that I thought I was going to make a box mix pecan bar. Then we opened the box and the filling was rock hard and stuck together.

Then of course, my dad and I super wanted pecan bars, so this recipe popped up on a quick google search and I didn't think much of it. It was such an impulsive dessert making. Not that I really had time to cook, but I just wanted to, you know? And they were fast enough it didn't make too big of a dent in my homework/letsberealsomeofthatisfacebookandfoodblog time.



The filling is sticky and sweet but easy to cut into pretty rectangles. The pecans are divine. It's in their blood. And the crust is like a sugar cookie, not shortbread. I like it better than some short crusts used in other custardy bars (lemon squares, I'm looking at you) because it holds its shape better and tastes good in a chewy kind of way.

Here's the recipe!

Pecan Bars


Ingredients:
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup  pecans

Method:
Cream butter and 1/2 cup light brown sugar. Work in 1 cup flour by hand until smooth (using your hands help, even though it gets sticky). Pat into 8“ or 9” greased pan with your knuckles. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, cool. Beat eggs, 1 cup brown sugar, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt; stir in chopped nuts, spread evenly over baked crust. Bake 25 minutes or until brown and firm to touch (the middle might still jiggle a bit). Cool, cut into bars.

Recipe from TasteBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment